BİR ŞEHİRLE AŞK HİKAYEMİ// MY LOVE STORY WITH A CITY

*I totally recommend listening to Roses by Poets Of The Fall along with this read.''Do I want to dance with you? Of course I do. I want your arms mingled, your breath reasonably close and your grip firm- just like that of a dancer.''

I want your vision to sink permanently into my eyes, to never escape. To always be there with their opening. I want your light to strike them when it shines; when its most warm and yellow- the kind that makes the brown in my eyes crazy, different.



                   
I want your

ending to take me along- to light up new colours when the yellow is gone, when the hues of blues are out. When there’s electric neon bouncing off your body and hitting my eyes- I want that sharp dose of colour to blind me as it normally does when we’re enjoying each others company in the late hours of the night.

I want your arms to liberate me- grab me tight enough and let me soar, guide me to getting lost-your embrace is always this senseless, but alluring.
I love how the wind hits my face as you seize my hand and run, across cars, across careless crossers. Its only your existence that makes me pursue this recklessly, a love that ignites instantly.
Oh, Istanbul. Had you been human, I would've loved you as insane as I love you presently. As I love your air and pretend its flesh and bones that drag me across your busy roads so freely.

I pretend its your sunlight that’s a bodily glow- the kind that you photograph for proof, and compliment endlessly, and unconsciously.
It’s you in the AM that is like a person- When they're most vulnerable, most open, and most lovable. It’s your streetlights slowly shutting off, that a man does to his fears, one by one, shunning them away. A wall in their mind falls and intimacy becomes more intellectual, as it is physical.
Your darkness becomes seductive- the moonlight, a lamp. Enough iridescence to either trace a lover’s face, or trace your way back to the taxi stand.





And if I were to give the Bosphorus any personification, then I would be forced to dive in into it’s mesmeric waters immediately. Those waters have your inviting waves, my dear human. Strong enough to make one adrift- Without taking any clothes off, id be soaking in your hypnotic grace, floating on the delicate moonlight you reflect.
Istanbul, had you been human, my love for you would've been as timeless as your own existence is.


*Photo credentials: Ibbad Khurum. (@theroguehuman):instagram

Comments

Popular Posts